I often think about the future. I have been asking myself a lot lately what I want to do and be.
Here's what I have come up with: (I realize it's not proper to end with a preposition, but 1} I don't want to fix that and 2} it just doesn't sound right to me)
* Mom. The kind that raises kids who know they are loved, can make good choices, and are kind to others.
* Gardner. I would be delighted if I could grow most of the produce we ate. I love the idea of being more self sufficient.
* Crafty. I want to feel comfortable with tools/saws/drills/etc. I would love to whip up a hutch or ottoman. I would also love to repaint/make over furniture.
* Artist. I recently started playing around with watercolors. The biggest problem is that I want to be really good right now. I don't want to have to put in the time. Lazy, I know.
* Well rounded. I'd like to know a bit about enough things that I could relate to or connect with anyone.
* Fit. This is kind of like being an artist; I want to be amazing, but I don't want to put in the time. I'd love to enjoy running. I would love to be able to say that I have run a marathon. Yet I don't want to have to experience any discomfort or exert myself. (I should probably add 'motivated' or 'dedicated' to this list...)
* Happy. Seems easy enough, but that can be really tricky. It's really easy for me to focus on the unjust depressing or sad things that come my way.
* Rich. Honestly, I know I would make a superb rich person.
* Fun. I feel like I'm not as fun or crazy as I used to be. I don't know how much of that is due to age, and how much is because of other factors.
It is so easy to fall into the monotonous routine of life. I go day to day. I go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch Netflix, think about the productive things I could or should be doing, spend time on my church calling, occasionally go to the gym, go to bed, repeat. And then when I am not content I wonder what I should change. I guess I need to start working on the things on my list. But first I think I am going to take a little nap.