March 20, 2011


In our backyard we have 4 planter boxes.  Three of them hold fruit trees that are giving us tangelos, navel oranges, grapefruit, and lemons.  (One of the trees is actually a 'fruit cocktail tree'  75% of the tree grows grapefruit and the other 25% grows lemons!  On the same tree!  Crazy and amazing, right?!)  Anyways... in the other box there was a dead tree stump.  I thought that would be the perfect place to plant my garden. 

I told my 16 year-old brother (who loves machetes and the like) that if he would come take the stump out I would pay him with the sugary things and treats from my house.  It was a good deal for both of us :)

Step one:

Burn the grass. (More for my brother's enjoyment than anything else)

Step 2:

Use a pick and shovel like crazy.

Step 3:

Pull out the stump.

Step 4:

Add lots of wonderful soil, mulch, and manure/nutrients. 

Step 5:

 Buy plants and seeds.

Step 6:

Set everything out where you want it.

Step 7:

Plant the seeds and sprouts and ....


We have basil, cilantro, zuccini, crooked neck squash, butternut squash, yellow pear tomatoes, heat resistant tomatoes, better boy tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers (red, orange and green), watermelon, strawberries, banana peppers, purple onions, carrots, snow peas and chives.  I am so excited for everything to be ready to eat :)

March 14, 2011

My best cousin's wedding

My cousin Lisa and I are 5 days apart.   When we were little my mom would make us matching clothes.  and we'd get pictures together.  Last week Lisa got married. 

 Here we are all grown up :)  She looked gorgeous in her wedding dress.  I'm so happy for her!


The luncheon after the wedding was at Tia Rosa's.  We had the most amazing tostadas!  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!

*         *         *

On another note, I finished lining the curtains in the living room

Also, my nephew is a technological genius!  He can navigate his way around my Ipod and is actually really good at the game Cut the Rope.

And coming soon... My garden!  (this is my 'super-pre' picture)

March 3, 2011

Daddy Daughter

Last weekend was the daddy daughter camp out for my parents' ward.  My mom and sister mentioned it and I thought it would be fun!  My dad and sister had things early Saturday morning, so we just went for Friday night.  We left at 4 and got there just before 5.  My mom had prepared foil dinners for us so right when we got there my dad got some charcoal going.  He set up a table and chairs and we all pulled out books and enjoyed the nice weather.  When dinner came off the coals it was delicious!  We went and sat around the fire for a few hours and enjoyed the company.  It started getting too cold for my liking and I made sure I stayed real close to the fire.  They had planned some "Minute to Win It" games and and it was fun watching the girls play.  We headed home around 9 and I had a nice chat with my dad on the way home.  It was a nice little adventure.

March 1, 2011


Happy 100th post.  Took me long enough!

 *           *          *

And this is SO random... Do you remember these things?

I have NO IDEA why, but they popped into my head today.  These things were all the rage when I was in 6th grade.  Kids walked around with them hooked to their belt loops.  Some of the really cool kids even had 3, 4 or 5 of 'em clipped onto their belt loops.  I myself had a silver Nano Baby.  And yes, it was amazing.  Oh, good times!