May 25, 2009

New addition


In my last post I said "There's a new addition to [my] family! Any guesses as to what it might be? I'll give you a hint: it's NOT a baby/child/fetus/anythinglikethat"

I got some pretty good guesses! My favorites:

* A robot named Monte for Gregron to have a friend
* Are you pregnant with a full-grown man?
* Jude Law

Gregron did not get a robot friend, sorry to say. He still has only human friends...

And thankfully I am not pregnant with a full grown man! I hear being pregnant with a small fetus is uncomfortable; I can only imagine how horrible it would be to be pregnant with a full grown man!

It's not Jude Law. Sadly I cannot afford celebrities...

* * *

In the end Camille won. She nailed it right on the nose. I got a Bosch mixer!!!


I love it! I LOVE love LOVE it!!!


There it is in it's new home. I'm quite pleased that it's been getting along with the other kitchen appliances/gear. I don't know why I was worried about that... The blender and toaster have always been more than kind.

I decided to break it in by making a pizza. The dough recipe I used this time used honey instead of sugar. It was a different texture than I am used to, but it turned out pretty good! And yes, I did put zucchini on my half. Yes, it was good.


If you know me at all then you know I have this inner need to name inanimate objects: my laptop, my car, things like that. Well, I want to name this new addition to my family. I haven't had any FABULOUS ideas. I haven't even decided if it should be male or female. I need help! And ideas for a good name for my mixer?

10 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

The first thing I made with my Bosch was pizza! So good. I am so glad you got a Bosch and not one of those pukey Kitchen Aids.

RatalieNose said...

Boston.

Boston the Bosch.

Michael and Dena said...

I think you should name it Sir Mixalot.

Megan G said...

Congrats! I just got a Bosch a few weeks ago, too! How cool is that! Glad you love it.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oooo! How exciting! I love kitchen gadgets. I am in love with my Kitchenaid :)

Cristin said...

I also have a Bosch. It is wonderful. I've been using the same one for almost 7 years. I LOVE that it can knead dough for me. Ohhhh, so worth the price.

Tracy said...

I am sticking with my original guess.. name it Jude Law.. then I will tie with camille in the guessing game

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

Your Bosch definitely needs to be female...I mean...it IS a woman's tool. I vote Gertrude. It's kinda a manly woman name. Or maybe Greta. Something odd. Ursula?

Emily said...

pizza looks and sound really good right now!

The Burnhams said...

Hi Linds!
I loved reading your recent posts (I haven't blogged for a long time). You are a wonderful sister:) Can't wait to hear what Mr./Ms. Bosch's name is (and what gender!)
Love, Karlie