I've learned a LOT about second graders these past four weeks. For example:
* The make a whole lot of pee. Honestly. They have to go every hour. And they don't even drink that much... I just don't get it.
* The world is their playground. ANYTHING can be a toy or distraction. This includes (but is not limited to) their feet while they are walking, the pencil they are using, or the person sitting beside them.
* It's extremely difficult to walk in a straight line.
* They can be so silly! They say the most unexpected things (good or bad).
* They have an amazing capacity to love.